AUSTRALIAN CERTIFIED AUTOMOTIVE RECYCLER
The AUSTRALIAN CERTIFIED AUTOMOTIVE RECYCLER (A-CAR) program is based on, and operates to the same standards as:
- CERTIFIED AUTOMOTIVE RECYCLER- CANADA (http://carec.ca/carec-en-homepage.htm);
- CERTIFIED AUTOMOTIVE RECYCLER – USA (http://a-r-a.org/best-practices/programs/car-gold-seal/).
THE US & CANADIAN CERTIFICATION PROGRAMS EVIDENCE COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONALLY ACCEPTED ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETY STANDARDS.
In fact these standards are common across all significant industrialised economies – including the UK, the European Union, Japan, Korea and China.
MANY AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE RECYCLING BUSINESSES ALREADY MEET THESE STANDARDS.
THE PROBLEM IS:
THERE IS NO NATIONALLY ACCEPTED CERTIFICATION SYSTEM IN AUSTRALIA THAT RECOGNISES THESE PROFESSIONAL AND RESPONSIBLE BUSINESSES.
The AUSTRALIAN CERTIFIED AUTOMOTIVE RECYCLER (A-CAR) program fills this gap.
Professional, responsible and compliant automotive recycling businesses across Australia need a process that differentiates them in the eyes of the community they serve from businesses who operate to a much lesser standard.
Many auto recyclers are competing for salvage, which is the lifeblood of our industry, on unequal terms with non-compliant operators who pay little regard to Australian business laws and standards..
To bring about change it is imperative the ethical automotive recycling industry shows leadership in:
- embracing internationally recognised standards, and
- taking positive steps to assist Australian automotive recyclers operate in conformance with those standards.
The automotive recycling industry plays a vital role in the automotive lifecycle. Those who rely upon us to operate in a professional and responsible manner include:
- Industry customers (including crash repairers, mechanical repairers and the public)
- Consumer regulation agencies;
- Environmental agencies;
- Law enforcement agencies; and
- Vehicle manufacturers.
OBJECTIVES OF AUSTRALIAN CERTIFIED AUTOMOTIVE RECYCLER
The objectives of the program are:
- To convey the legal and mandatory requirements before, during, and after the recycling process and promote best management practices within the industry;
- To promote pollution prevention and the 3Rs (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) in the vehicle recovery industry to reduce the environmental impact of the automotive sector; and
- To ensure that there is a consistent set of practices that are aligned, as much as possible, with Federal, State, and Municipal laws and regulations, as well as with product and industry stewardship programs, where applicable.
This program will help automotive recyclers understand their legal requirements, as well as to adopt best management practices that will help improve efficiency and profitability.
ENVIRONMENT VS. PROFITABILITY
There is a myth that protection of the environment costs money and jobs. This is an old myth and in fact the opposite is true.
Clean automotive recyclers have the lowest liability with respect to soil contamination, they are more efficient, they retain good workers, they have lower accident records and above all, they are more profitable.
They use the program as a tool to improve efficiency, reduce liability and be more profitable!
For further information contact David Nolan - 0418 829 110 - Email - email@example.com