WHY BECOME CERTIFIED?
Differentiate your business
Display the prominent AUSTRALIAN CERTIFIED AUTOMOTIVE RECYCLER (A-CAR) signage on you business, your website and stationery;
Evidence to the community your professionalism;
Improve your business insurability;
Improve your quality control – Improve your profitability;
Evidence to insurance companies, crash repairers and mechanical repairers that the Parts they are buying from CERTIFIED AUTOMOTIVE RECYCLERS meet relevant quality and safety standards;
Show leadership within our Industry.
Credibility of scheme
The credibility of a certification program depends entirely on its ability to enforce its standards
“NO ENFORCEMENT = NO CREDIBILITY”
How is the Australian CERTIFIED AUTOMOTIVE RECYCLER (A-CAR) program enforced?
- By establishing a clear Agreement between the business and the Scheme which will specify that non-compliance will result in withdrawal of Certification;
- By conducting an independent physical audit on which initial Certification is based;
- By the business conducting an Online Self-Audit for the following two years;
- By providing that at any time during those years the business can be subject to a spot physical audit;
- By conducting a further independent physical audit at the end of year three.
This cycle is then repeated each three years.
If a business is found to be non-compliant, the business will provided with an Improvement Notice to remedy the areas of non-compliance, and a timeframe for achieving this. A physical audit will be required to maintain Certification.
If the business remains non-compliant it will be required to remove all AUSTRALIAN CERTIFIED AUTOMOTIVE RECYCLER (A-CAR) signage from its premises, its website and stationery.
For further information contact David Nolan - 0418 829 110 - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org